S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 21 No.1 (1980)
한국 주요 정신질환의 발생빈도 실태 조사
An Epidemiological Survey of Major Mental Disorders in a rural Korea
- 이정균; 이부영; 조두영; 홍강의; 강민희; 송장욱; 연병길; 조맹제; 최문식; 홍영수; 이희; 박태건; 김영철; 노재규; 이승철; 이창인; 곽영숙; 유정희
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 의과대학
- Seoul J Med, Vol.21 No.1, pp. 69-75
- In July and August 1979. an epidemiological
survey was conducted using the census visit method
in order to determine the prevalence rate and ecological
aspects of 5 major mental illnesses (schizoph·
renia, manic·depressive illness, epilepsy, mental
retardation and senile psychosis) in Ko·Jae Island
where the total population was 112. 782.
Following results were obtained:
}. The prevalence rate for schizophrenia. manic-depressive
illness, epilepsy. mental retardation and
senile psychosis were O. 14%. 0.013%. O. 10%. O. 10
%. 0.03% of population respectively.
2. 65.6% of schizophrenics. 66.7% of rnanic-depressive
illness patients and 76.9% of epileptics had
suffered for more than 5 years.
3. The mixed body type was dominant in number
both in schizophrenia and manic·depressive illness.
4. The familial history was found in 13.0% of
schizophrenics and 26.7% of manic-depressive illness
5. In therapy. 49.1% of epileptics take anticonvulsant
and 37% of schizophrenics and 33. 3% of manicdepressive
illness patients were left alone without