S-Space College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (농업생명과학대학) The Arboretum, Seoul National University (수목원) Bulletin of the arboretum Seoul National University (수목원 연보) Bulletin of the arboretum Seoul National University no.12 (1992)
리기다소나무, 테다소나무, 리기테다소나무 및 日本전나무의 生長 그리고 植栽地에서의 土壤養料 및 土壤斷面의 比較
Growth of Pinus rigida, Pinus taeda, Pinus rigida x P.taeda and Abies firma, and their Soil Nutrient and Soil Profile
- 李敦求; 車東鎬
- Issue Date
- The Arboretum, Seoul National University
- Bulletin of the Seoul National University Arboretum, no.12, pp.55-60
- This study was conducted in the Chusan Area of Seoul National University Research Forests at Kwangyang, Korea. The objectives were to compare tree growth, soil nutrient distribution and soil profiles at Pinus rigida, Pinus rigida x P. taeda, Pinus taeda and Abies firma stands. Soils were collected from each layer. The amounts of total nitrogen, available phosphorous and potassium,
and soil conductivity and pH were measured. The results obtained from this study were as follows:
I. The amount of total nitrogen, available phosphorous and potassium decreased from A to B layer.
2. All soils are acidic, and soil pH increased from A to B layer.
3. The annual diameter growth rate of Pinus taeda was higher than those of other species.
4. The annual volume growth rate of Pinus rigida x P. taeda stand was higher than those of other species.