S-Space College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (농업생명과학대학) The Arboretum, Seoul National University (수목원) Bulletin of the arboretum Seoul National University (수목원 연보) Bulletin of the arboretum Seoul National University no.11 (1991)
濟州道의 滅種危機 및 稀貴植物에 관한 硏究
The Endangered Plants in ChejuDo
- 高康銀; 李惟美; 金泰旭; 裵貞伍
- Issue Date
- The Arboretum, Seoul National University
- Bulletin of the Seoul National University Arboretum, no.11, pp.71-81
- This study was conducted to investigate the present condition of endemic and rare plants growing in Chejudo, Korea. The results obtained in this study were as follows:
1. The rare plants growing in Chejudo were 40 species, and among them 20 species were designated as legally protected plants, and habitats of 22 species were confirmed.
2. Many endangered plants were observed at Dongsuak, evergreen broad-leaved forestes in Sunheuiri, Torreyawoods, Sangumburi, Gosan and 1100 gogi area, therefore these places were recommended as protection regions to conserve.
3. Among the 20 legally protected and plants, Psilotum nudum, aerides japonucum, Sisyrinchium angustifolirum for album, Neofinetia falcata, saururus chinensis, Albizzia coreana, Hibiscus hamabo were not found at the places reported as plant habitats.
4. counterplan of protection for rare plants in plant habitats have to be accompanied with the multiplication and propagation of those plants.