S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Urology (비뇨기과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_비뇨기과학전공)
Tension-free vaginal tape, suprapubic arc sling, and transobturator tape in the treatment of mixed urinary incontinence in women
- Paick, Jae-Seung; Oh, Seung-June; Kim, Soo Woong; Ku, Ja Hyeon
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 19(1):123-129
- Aged; Female; Follow-Up Studies; Gynecologic Surgical Procedures/*methods; Humans; Middle Aged; Recurrence/prevention & control; Risk Factors; *Suburethral Slings; Treatment Failure; Urinary Incontinence/*surgery; Urologic Surgical Procedures/*methods
- We evaluated the outcome at least 6 months after tension-free vaginal tape (TVT), suprapubic arc (SPARC) sling, or transobturator tape (TOT) procedure in women with mixed urinary incontinence and identified factors predicting the outcome in these patients. A total of 144 women, 29 to 77 years old (mean age 57.3), were included in the study; TVT (n = 72), SPARC (n = 22), and TOT (n = 50). The mean follow-up time was 10.9 months (range 6 to 52). There were no significant differences in the three groups in terms of the cure rate for stress urinary incontinence (SUI; TVT, 95.8%; SPARC, 90.0%; TOT, 94.0%; P = 0.625) and urinary incontinence (UUI; TVT, 81.9%; SPARC, 86.4%; TOT, 82.0%; P = 0.965). In the multivariate model, there is no influencing factor for treatment failure of SUI, while maximum urethral closure pressure (MUCP) and the diagnosis of uninhibited detrusor contraction during cystometry were independent risk factors for treatment failure of UUI. Decreasing MUCP was associated with an increased likelihood of treatment failure of UUI [odds ratio (OR), 0.974; 95% confidence interval (CI), 0.950-0.998; P = 0.034]. In the same model, uninhibited detrusor contraction was associated with 3.4-fold risk of treatment failure of UUI (OR, 3.351; 95% CI, 1.031-10.887; P = 0.044). Our findings suggest that low MUCP and the presence of uninhibited detrusor contraction during cystometry should be considered to be at high risk of treatment failure of UUI after surgery in these patients.
- 0937-3462 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.