S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dermatology (피부과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_피부과학전공)
Chronic idiopathic macrocheilia associated with simple lip enlargement and salivary gland hyperplasia
- Park, Hyun Sun; Park, Eun Sang; Park, Kyoung Chan; Cho, Kwang Hyun; Youn, Sang Woong
- Issue Date
- Journal of Dermatology 2008; 35(4): 234-237
- Adult; Cheilitis/complications/*pathology/surgery; Chronic Disease; Humans; Hyperplasia/complications/pathology/surgery; Male; Salivary Glands/*pathology/surgery
- Chronic macrocheilia is a relatively rare condition of chronic lip enlargement. It can be cosmetically and functionally problematic, and often poses a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge to clinicians especially when its etiology is unclear. We describe a 40-year-old Korean man who presented with a 4-year history of lower lip swelling and was diagnosed as having chronic idiopathic macrocheilia after excluding other disease entities based on histopathological and clinical findings. We believe that the present case has a unique clinico-histopathological feature that differentiates it from other cases of chronic cheilitis, namely, simple lip swelling showing minor salivary gland hyperplasia only, suggesting the possibility of a new disease entity.
- 0385-2407 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.