S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Program in Technology, Management, Economics and Policy (협동과정-기술·경영·경제·정책전공) Others_협동과정-기술·경영·경제·정책전공
Capacity Planning in Economic Grid Markets
- Risch, Marcel; Altmann, Jorn
- Issue Date
- GPC 2009
- GPC 2009, 4th International Conference on Grid and Pervasive Computing, Geneva, Switzerland, May 2009
- Grid Economics,; Grid Capacity Planning,; Service-Oriented Computing; Grid Computing; Resource Allocation,; Utility Computing.
- Due to the few computing resource planning options currently available
in Grid computing, capacity planning, an old discipline for analyzing resource
purchases, is simple to perform. However, once a commercial computing
Grid is established, which provides many different resource types at
variable prices, capacity planning will become more complex and the user will
require support for handling this difficult process. The support could come from
an online Grid Capacity Planning Service, which helps users with little IT expertise
to make use of the Grid in a cost-effective manner. This Grid Capacity
Planning Service is a stand-alone service, enabling companies to outsource their
capacity planning task. This paper describes the Grid Capacity Planning Service
and demonstrates the workings of the service through simulations.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.