S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Nuclear Medicine (핵의학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_핵의학전공)
Castleman disease presenting with jaundice: a case with the multicentric hyaline vascular variant
- Park, Jun Bean; Hwang, Jin Hyeok; Kim, Haeryoung; Choe, Hyung Sim; Kim, Yu Kyeong; Kim, Hong Bin; Bang, Soo-Mee
- Issue Date
- Korean Association of Internal Medicine
- Korean J Intern Med. 22(2):113-117
- Abdominal Pain/etiology; Adrenal Cortex Hormones/therapeutic use; Biopsy; Giant Lymph Node Hyperplasia/*diagnosis/drug therapy/pathology; Humans; Jaundice/*complications; Male; Middle Aged; Positron-Emission Tomography; Tomography, X-Ray Computed; Vascular Diseases/*diagnosis/pathology
- Castleman disease (CD) is a rare lymphoproliferative disorder of unknown etiology with different clinical manifestations. A previous healthy 50 year-old man was hospitalized for right upper quadrant (RUQ) abdominal pain. He had jaundice and a 1 cm-sized lymph node in the right supraclavicular area. Pancreas and biliary computed tomography (CT) showed masses at the right renal hilum and peripancreatic areas. Positron emission tomography (PET) showed widespread systemic lymphadenopathy. Excisional biopsy of the right supraclavicular node revealed a hyaline vascular variant of CD. Corticosteroid therapy was started and the extent of disease decreased. We here report a case of multicentric CD, the hyaline vascular variant, presenting with jaundice, diagnosed by excisional biopsy and successfully treated with corticosteroids.
- 1226-3303 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.