S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Radiology (영상의학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_영상의학전공)
Yolk sac tumor of the ovary: CT findings
- Choi, Hyuck Jae; Moon, Min Hoan; Kim, Seung Hyup; Cho, Jeong Yeon; Jung, Dae Chul; Hong, Sung Ran
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- Abdom Imaging. 33(6):736-739
- Adolescent; Adult; Child; Contrast Media/diagnostic use; Endodermal Sinus Tumor/*radiography; Female; Humans; Iohexol/analogs & derivatives/diagnostic use; Observer Variation; Ovarian Neoplasms/*radiography; Ovary/*radiography; Radiographic Image Enhancement/methods; Retrospective Studies; Tomography, Spiral Computed/*methods; Young Adult
- BACKGROUND: The purpose of this study was to evaluate computed tomographic (CT) findings of pathologically proven yolk sac tumors of the ovary. METHODS: Two radiologists retrospectively evaluated CT findings of 10 yolk sac tumors in consensus. The presence of bright dot sign; laterality; presence of necrosis; size, margin, and shape of the mass were analyzed. RESULTS: Mean age of patients was 22 years (ranging from 11 to 34 years). Mean size of the tumors was 14 cm (ranging from 11.1 to 18.5 cm). All 10 tumors showed bright dot sign, necrotic portion, and smooth margin in post-contrast CT scan. All the tumors were unilateral. Nine of 10 tumors showed oval shape. CONCLUSIONS: On CT scans, ovarian yolk sac tumors appeared as large, unilateral, smooth marginated mass with bright dot sign and necrotic portion.
- 1432-0509 (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.