S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Radiology (영상의학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_영상의학전공)
Computer-aided prostate cancer detection using texture features and clinical features in ultrasound image
- Han, Seok Min; Lee, Hak Jong; Choi, Jin Young
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- J Digit Imaging. 21 Suppl 1:S121-S133
- Decision Support Techniques; Diagnosis, Computer-Assisted/instrumentation/methods; Fuzzy Logic; Humans; *Image Interpretation, Computer-Assisted; Image Processing, Computer-Assisted/*methods; Male; Pattern Recognition, Automated/*methods; Prostatic Neoplasms/diagnosis/*ultrasonography; Sensitivity and Specificity; Ultrasonography, Doppler/methods
- In this paper, we propose a new prostate detection method using multiresolution autocorrelation texture features and clinical features such as location and shape of tumor. With the proposed method, we can detect cancerous tissues efficiently with high specificity (about 90-95%)and high sensitivity (about 92-96%) by the measurement of the number of correctly classified pixels. Multiresolution autocorrelation can detect cancerous tissues efficiently, and clinical knowledge helps to discriminate the cancer region by location and shape of the region and increases specificity. The support vector machine is used to classify tissues based on those features. The proposed method will be helpful in formulating a more reliable diagnosis, increasing diagnosis efficiency.
- 1618-727X (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.