S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Pathology (병리학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_병리학전공)
Vitronectin promotes oligodendrocyte differentiation during neurogenesis of human embryonic stem cells
- Gil, Jung-Eun; Woo, Dong-Hun; Shim, Joong-Hyun; Kim, Sung-Eun; You, Hyun-Ju; Park, Sung-Hye; Paek, Sun Ha; Kim, Suel-Kee; Kim, Jong-Hoon
- Issue Date
- FEBS Lett. 583(3), 561-567
- Biological Markers/metabolism; Carrier Proteins/metabolism; Cell Line; Cell Proliferation; Embryonic Stem Cells/*cytology/*metabolism; Gene Expression Regulation, Developmental; Humans; *Neurogenesis; Oligodendroglia/*cytology/*metabolism; Spinal Cord/metabolism; Vitronectin/*metabolism
- We demonstrate enhanced differentiation of oligodendrocytes during neurogenesis of human embryonic stem cells (hESCs) using an extracellular matrix protein, vitronectin (VN). We show that VN is expressed in the ventral part of the developing human spinal cord. Combined treatment of retinoic acid, sonic hedgehog, and noggin in the presence of VN allows hESCs to differentiate into O4-positive oligodendrocytes. Particularly, VN profoundly promotes the derivation of oligodendrocyte progenitors that proliferate and differentiate into oligodendrocytes in response to mitogenic and survival factors. These results support the beneficial effect of VN on oligodendrocytic differentiation of hESCs.
- 1873-3468 (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.