S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Pathology (병리학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_병리학전공)
Korean medical libraries and professional associations: changing services and roles
- Seo, Jeong-Wook; Park, Jeong Hee; Kim, Heajin; Park, Jin Young; Park, Mi-Jeong; Kim, Hye-Yang
- Issue Date
- Health Info Libr J. 2008, 25(2), 142-149
- Evidence-Based Medicine; Humans; Korea; Libraries, Hospital/*organization & administration; Libraries, Medical/*organization & administration; Library Associations/*organization & administration; Library Services/*organization & administration; Patient Education as Topic; *Professional Competence; Professional Role
- There is an increasing demand for health information
from both the public and private sectors as a result
of an ageing population and the development of
information and communication technologies.
As a consequence, libraries serving medical science
and health care have become more important and
the role of health science librarians is changing.
Big libraries such as the National Library of
Medicine of the USA (NLM) have actively
responded to this agenda by developing new
services and outreach programmes and promoting
public health informatics initiatives.
challenge facing health information professionals
is that boundaries between the sources and types
of health information managed by information
specialists and librarians, and the way information
is used, are becoming blurred.
there is a growing need for new ways of delivering
information through a variety of e-health
and for health information to support
- 1471-1834 (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.