S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Obstetrics & Gynecology (산부인과전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_산부인과학전공)
A suprapubic dermoid cyst confused with cutaneous endometriosis: a case report
- Kim, Mi-Kyung; Lee, Jung Ryeol; Jee, Byung Chul; Ku, Seung-Yup; Suh, Chang Suk; Kim, Seok Hyun
- Issue Date
- Fertil Steril. 2008;89(3):724.e5 - 724.e7
- Adult; Dermoid Cyst/complications/*diagnosis/pathology/surgery; Diagnosis, Differential; *Diagnostic Errors; Endometriosis/*diagnosis/pathology; Female; Hemorrhage/*etiology/pathology/surgery; Humans; Skin Diseases/*diagnosis/pathology; Skin Neoplasms/complications/*diagnosis/pathology/surgery
- OBJECTIVE: To describe a case of suprapubic dermoid cyst that had been mistaken for cutaneous endometriosis. DESIGN: Case report. SETTING: Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul National University Hospital, Korea. PATIENT(S): A 22-year-old woman with a 5-year history of a slowly growing suprapubic mass, which had begun to bleed intermittently 6 months before presentation. INTERVENTION(S): Complete excision of the suprapubic mass and primary closure of the wound. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE(S): The natural course of the suprapubic dermoid cyst and histologic findings. RESULT(S): The excised suprapubic mass was histologically diagnosed as a dermoid cyst. CONCLUSION(S): Subcutaneous dermoid cysts should be part of the differential diagnosis of suprapubic wall masses.
- 1556-5653 (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.