S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Obstetrics & Gynecology (산부인과전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_산부인과학전공)
Association between endometriosis and polymorphisms in endostatin and vascular endothelial growth factor and their serum levels in Korean women
- Kim, Jung Gu; Kim, Ja Yeon; Jee, Byung Chul; Suh, Chang Suk; Kim, Seok Hyun; Choi, Young Min
- Issue Date
- Fertil Steril. 2008;89(1):243-245
- Adult; Asian Continental Ancestry Group/*genetics; Case-Control Studies; Endometriosis/*blood/*genetics; Endostatins/*blood/*genetics; Female; Gene Frequency; Genetic Predisposition to Disease; Humans; Korea; *Polymorphism, Single Nucleotide; Risk Assessment; Risk Factors; Severity of Illness Index; Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor A/*blood/*genetics
- The aim of present study was to evaluate the relationship between endometriosis and polymorphisms in the endostatin and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) genes, and their levels in serum in a Korean population. Serum endostatin levels (but not VEGF levels) were negatively correlated with the development of endometriosis, specifically in early-stage endometriosis patients, compared with women without endometriosis, but endometriosis was not associated with the endostatin G(4349)A and VEGF C(936)T polymorphisms.
- 1556-5653 (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.