S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Urology (비뇨기과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_비뇨기과학전공)
Severe bleeding after laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: successful management with transarterial embolization
- Park, Yong Hyun; Lee, Jun Hyung; Kim, Hyeon Hoe
- Issue Date
- Mary Ann Liebert
- J Endourol. 2008;22(12):2687-2689
- Angiography; Catheterization; *Embolization, Therapeutic; Humans; Laparoscopy/*adverse effects; Male; Middle Aged; Postoperative Hemorrhage/*etiology/*therapy; Prostatectomy/*adverse effects; Tomography, X-Ray Computed
- We present the first report of postoperative bleeding after laparoscopic radical prostatectomy (LRP) managed by transarterial embolization (TAE). A 54-year-old man underwent an uneventful LRP for clinical stage T(1c) prostate cancer. His blood pressure, however, was 83 over 55 mm Hg, and the hematocrit dropped to 20.4% from a baseline of 26.9% 5 hours postoperatively. Active bleeding from a capsular artery was diagnosed by CT angiography and managed by superselective embolization.
- 1557-900X (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.