S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Pediatrics (소아과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_소아과학전공)
BCG osteomyelitis caused by the BCG Tokyo strain and confirmed by molecular method
- Kim, So Hee; Kim, So Yeon; Eun, Byung Wook; Yoo, Won Joon; Park, Kyoung Un; Choi, Eun Hwa; Kim, Eui-Chong; Lee, Hoan Jong
- Issue Date
- Vaccine. 2008;26(34):4379-4381
- DNA, Bacterial/genetics; Female; Humans; Infant; Korea; Male; Mycobacterium Infections/*diagnosis/microbiology; Mycobacterium bovis/genetics/*isolation & purification; Osteomyelitis/*microbiology; Polymerase Chain Reaction/methods; Tuberculosis Vaccines/*adverse effects
- Bacille Calmette-Guerin (BCG) osteitis is a rare complication of BCG vaccination. We describe two cases of BCG osteomyelitis developed in Korean infants who were given multipuncture BCG vaccination. The cultures of bone curettage specimens grew mycobacteria. The isolates were identified as BCG Tokyo strains by the deletion of the region of difference 1 (RD1) and characterization of RD8 and RD14 using the multiplex polymerase chain reaction.
- 0264-410X (Print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.