S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 24 No.2 (1983)
에타놀을 이용한 신 동맥 색전법에 관한 실험적 연구
An Experimental Study on Renal Artery Embolization with Ethanol
- 임정기; 최병인; 한만청; 김주완
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 의과대학
- Seoul J Med, Vol.24 No.2, pp. 242-251
- Artificial renal artery embolization was induced
using ethanol in rabbits to determine the adequate
concentration and amount of the ethanol to induce
total renal ablation.
A series of selective renal arteriography was done
immediately, 1 week and 4 weeks after infusion of
The results were as follows:
1. There was no visible obstruction of renal artery
after infusion of 60% ethanol 0.2ml/kg.
2. Incomplete obstruction of renal artery was
produced in majority, after infusion of 80% ethanol
3. Incomplete obstruction of renal artery was
produced in all cases after infusion of 8096 ethanol
4. Incomplete obstruction of renal artery was
produced in majority, after infusion of absolute
ethanol 0.2ml/kg, and it became complete obstruction
above half cases after 4 weeks.
5. Complete obstruction of renal artery was produced
after infusion of absolute ethanol O.5ml/kg,
in majority initially and in all cases later on.
It was considered that ethanol is an effective
agent for complete renal arterial ocelusion and O. 2
to O. 5ml/kg of absolute ethanol is effective minimal
dose for complete renal arterial occlusion.