S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Neurosurgery (신경외과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_신경외과학전공)
Investigation of molecular factors associated with malignant transformation of oligodendroglioma by proteomic study of a single case of rapid tumor progression
- Park, Chul-Kee; Kim, Jin Hyun; Moon, Min Jeong; Jung, Ji Hye; Lim, Su-Young; Park, Sung-Hye; Kim, Jong-Hoon; Kim, Dong Gyu; Jung, Hee-Won; Cho, Byung-Kyu; Paek, Sun Ha
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 134(2):255-262
- Adult; Blotting, Western; Brain Neoplasms/metabolism/pathology/surgery; *Cell Transformation, Neoplastic; Disease Progression; Electrophoresis, Gel, Two-Dimensional; Guanine Nucleotide Dissociation Inhibitors/metabolism; Humans; Immunoenzyme Techniques; Male; Mass Spectrometry; Neoplasm Proteins/*metabolism; Oligodendroglioma/*metabolism/pathology/surgery; Peroxiredoxin VI/metabolism; Proteomics; Spectrometry, Mass, Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption-Ionization; Tumor Markers, Biological/*metabolism
- PURPOSE: Frozen tumor tissues from a patient who showed rapid progression to anaplastic oligodendroglioma after near total resection of oligodendroglioma were used to examine differential expression of proteins to gain better understanding of the pathogenesis of malignant transformation. METHODS: We have determined their protein profiles using a 2D gel electrophoresis and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry approach. RESULTS: Among 23 differentially expressed spots, overexpression of peroxiredoxin 6 and underexpression of rho GDP dissociation inhibitor alpha were confirmed to be valid after western blot and immunocytochemical analysis of oligodendroglioma tissue. CONCLUSIONS: Abnormal expression of peroxiredoxin 6 and rho GDP dissociation inhibitor alpha may be associated with malignant transformation in oligodendroglioma and these proteins might be candidates of molecular predictive factors.
- 1432-1335 (Electronic)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.