S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Mechanical Aerospace Engineering (기계항공공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_기계항공공학부)
BGK-Based Schemes for the Simulation of Compressible Flow
- Xu, K.; Kim, C.; Martinelli, L.; Jameson, A.
- Issue Date
- Taylor & Francis
- Int. J. Com. Fluids Dynam. 7, 213.
- Characteristic reconstruction; BGK-type flow solver; compressible flows; entropy and positivity conditions
- Following van Leer's MUSCL idea, a numerical scheme can be regarded as consisting of two key steps: a reconstruction step followed by a gas evolution step. We present a gas-kinetic method based on the collisional BGK model which provides an alternative to Riemann solvers for the gas evolution step. An advanced BGK-scheme is derived under quite general assumptions on the initial conditions. The new formulation uses interpolation of the characteristic variables in the reconstruction step and a BGK-type flow solver in the gas evolution step. The scheme satisfies both an entropy condition and a positivity condition, which guarantees a positive density and temperature at the cell interface during a complete time step. Numerical results for one-dimensional and two-dimensional test cases are presented to show the accuracy and robustness of the proposed approach.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.