S-Space College of Dentistry/School of Dentistry (치과대학/치의학대학원) Dept. of Dentistry (치의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_치의학과)
Influence of TGF-b1 on the expression of BSP,DSP,TGF-b1receptorI and Smad proteins during reparative dentinogenesis
- Park, Joo-Cheol; Hwang, Yun-Chan; Hwang, In-Nam; Oh, Won-Mann; Lee, Dong-Seol; Son, Ho-Hyun
- Issue Date
- Springer Verlag
- Journal of Molecular Histology 39(2):153-160
- Reparative dentin; Transforming growth factor; beta 1; Osteodentin; Bone sialoprotein; Dentin sialophosphoprotein
- Reparative dentin has a wide variety of manifestations ranging from a regular, tubular form to an irregular, atubular form. However, the characteristics of reparative dentin have not been clarified. This study hypothesized that the level of bone sialoprotein (BSP) expression will increase if the newly formed reparative dentin is bone-like but the dentin sialophosphoprotein (DSPP) level will decrease. In order to test this hypothesis, the expression of BSP and DSP was examined by immunohistochemistry and the expression of BSP was measured by in situ hybridization in an animal model. The pulps of 12 maxillary right first molars from twelve male rats were exposed and capped with MTA. In addition, in order to understand the role of transforming growth factor-beta 1 (TGF-β1) during reparative dentinogenesis, the expression of BSP and DSPP mRNA was analyzed by RT-PCR in a human dental pulp cell culture, and the transforming growth factor-beta 1 receptors (TβRI) and Smad 2/3 were examined by immunofluorescence in an animal model. DSP was expressed in the normal odontoblasts and odontoblast-like cells of the reparative dentin. Interestingly, BSP was strongly expressed in the odontoblast-like cells of reparative dentin. The level of the TβRI and Smad 2/3 proteins was higher in the reparative dentin than in the normal dentin. TGF-β1 up-regulated BSP in the human pulp cell cultures. This suggests that reparative dentin has both dentinogenic and osteogenic characteristics that are mediated by TGF-β1.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.