S-Space College of Dentistry/School of Dentistry (치과대학/치의학대학원) Dept. of Dentistry (치의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_치의학과)
Automatic noise robust registration of radiographs for subtraction using strategic local correlation: an application to radiographs of dental implants
- Yi, Won-Jin; Heo, Min-Suk; Lee, Sam-Sun; Choi, Soon-Chul; Lee, Sun-Bok
- Issue Date
- International Congress Series 1268 (2004) 1157– 1161
- Digital subtraction radiography; Automatic registration for dental radiographs; Local correlation
- We have developed an automatic registration method without using the manual selection
of landmarks. By restricting a geometrical matching of images to a region of interest (ROI), we
compare the cross-correlation coefficient only between the ROIs. The transform parameters
satisfying maximum of cross-correlation between the local regions are searched iteratively by a fast
searching strategy. The developed method can match the images corrupted by Gaussian noise with
the same accuracy for the images without any transform simulation. The application of the developed
method to radiographs of dental implants provides an automatic noise robust registration with high
accuracy in almost real time.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.