S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
Excitation energy transfer in organic materials: From fundamentals to optoelectronic devices
- Laquai, Frederic; Park, Young-Seo; Kim, Jang-Joo; Basche, Tomas
- Issue Date
- Macromol. Rapid Commun. 2009, 30, 1203
- conjugated polymers; electronic energy transfer; light-emitting diodes (LED); organic electronics; photophysics; single molecule spectroscopy (SMS)
- In this review, we discuss investigations of electronic excitation energy transfer in conjugated organic materials at the bulk and single molecule level and applications of energy transfer in fluorescent and phosphorescent organic light emitting devices. A brief overview of common descriptions of energy transfer mechanisms is given followed by a discussion of some basic photophysics of conjugated materials including the generation of excited states and their subsequent decay through various channels. In particular, various examples of bimolecular excited state annihilation processes are presented. Energy transfer studies at the single molecule level provide a new tool to study electronic couplings in simple donor/acceptor dyads and conjugated polymers. Finally, energy transfer in organic electronic devices is discussed with particular emphasis on triplet emitter doped OLEDs and blends for white light emission.
- 1022-1336 (print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.