S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Energy Systems Engineering (에너지시스템공학부) Nuclear Engineering (원자핵공학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_원자핵공학과)
Atomic oxygen generation by in-situ plasma and post-plasma in dielectric barrier discharges for surface treatment
- Kang, Woo Seok; Kim, Hyun-Su; Hong, Sang Hee
- Issue Date
- Thin Solid Films 518 6578-6562 (2010)
- dielectric barrier discharge; in-situ plasma; post-plasma; atomic oxygen; optical actinometry; NO titration; numerical simulation
- Atomic oxygen (AO) generation is experimentally and numerically investigated for in-situ plasma and post-plasma produced by dielectric barrier discharges (DBDs) for surface treatment. The AO generation in in-situ plasma inside a DBD reactor is closely related to the plasma characteristics depending on the applied voltage and O2 additive concentration, while the AO density distribution along the post-plasma ejected outside the reactor exit is influenced by the AO generation in the in-situ plasma, gas flow rate, and effluent distance. Contact angle measurements show that the metal surface characteristics, which are treated by in-situ plasma and post-plasma, respectively, are distinctive from each other depending on the AO densities.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.