S-Space College of Dentistry/School of Dentistry (치과대학/치의학대학원) Dept. of Dentistry (치의학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_치의학과)
Identification of cell surface receptors for murine macrophage inflammatory protein-1alpha
- Kim, Kack-Kyun; Oh, Kwi-Ok; Zhou, Zhen; Samanta, Himadri; Fraser, Malcolm; Kim, Young-June; Broxmeyer, Hal E.; Kwon, Byoung S.
- Issue Date
- American Association of Immunologists
- Journal of Immunology 147:2978-2983
- We have produced recombinant proteins for a cytokine, L2G25BP (macrophage inflammatory protein-1 alpha) (MIP-1 alpha). By using the recombinant protein (rMIP-1 alpha), receptors for MIP-1 alpha were identified on Con A-stimulated and unstimulated CTLL-R8, a T cell line, and LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7, a macrophage cell line. The 125I-rMIP-1 alpha binds to the receptor in a specific and saturable manner. Scatchard analysis indicated a single class of high affinity receptor, with a Kd of approximately 1.5 x 10(-9) M and approximately 1200 binding sites/Con A-stimulated CTLL-R8 cell and a Kd of 0.9 x 10(-9) M and approximately 380 binding sites/RAW 264.7 cell. 125I-rMIP-1 alpha binding was inhibited by unlabeled rMIP-1 alpha in a dose-dependent manner, but not by IL-1 alpha or IL-2. rMIP-1 alpha inhibited the proliferation of unstimulated CTLL-R8 cells. Rabbit anti-rMIP-1 alpha antibodies blocked the growth-inhibitory effect of the rMIP-1 alpha on CTLL-R8 cells.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.