S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
A host material containing tetraphenylsilane for phosphorescent OLEDs with high efficiency and operational stability
- Kang, Jae-Wook; Lee, Deug-Sang; Park, Hyung-Dol; Kim, Ji Whan; Jeong, Won-Ik; Park, Young-Seo; Lee, Se-Hyung; Go, Kyungmoon; Lee, Jong-Soon; Kim, Jang-Joo
- Issue Date
- Organic Electronics 9 (452) (2008)
- Phosphorescent OLED; High efficiency; Operational stability; Tetraphenylsilane containing host
- A host material containing tetraphenylsilane moiety, 9-(4-triphenylsilanyl-(1,1′,4,1′′)-terphenyl-4′′-yl)-9H-carbazole (TSTC), was synthesized for green phosphorescent organic light emitting diodes. The tetraphenylsilane moiety was introduced to provide high triplet energy level, thermal and chemical stability, and glassy properties leading to high efficiency and operational stability of the devices. Ir(ppy)3 based OLEDs using the TSTC host and DTBT (2,4-diphenyl-6-(4′-triphenylsilanyl-biphenyl-4-yl)-1,3,5-triazine) hole blocking layer (HBL) resulted in the maximum external quantum efficiency of 19.8% and the power efficiency of 59.4 lm/W. High operational stability with a half lifetime of 160,000 h at an initial luminance of 100 cd/m2 was achieved from an electrophosphorescent device using TSTC host and BAlq HBL.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.