S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Material Science and Engineering (재료공학부) Journal Papers (저널논문_재료공학부)
Novel Photosensitive Fluorinated Poly(arylene Ether) Having Zero-Birefringence
- Li, Xiang-Dan; Zhong, Zhen-Xin; Kim, Jang-Joo; Lee, Myong-Hoon
- Issue Date
- John Wiley & Sons
- Macromol. Rapid Commun. 2004, 25, 1090
- birefringence; photorefractive effects; poly(arylene ether); polymer waveguide; refractive index
- A novel photosensitive fluorinated poly(arylene ether) containing chalcone units was synthesized from decafluorinated chalcone and fluorinated bisphenol at low temperature. Upon UV irradiation, the refractive indices of the polymer film were decreased because of the reduction of electronic polarizability in the chalocone moiety. The decrease was more significant in the in-plane direction than in the out-of-plane direction, and consequently, zero birefringence (at 632.8 nm) was obtained after 90 s of exposure.
- 1022-1336 (print)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.