S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dept. of Medicine (의학과) The Seoul Journal of Medicine The Seoul Journal of Medicine Vol. 15 No.2 (1974)
The Energy Metabolism of Leukemic Leukocytes.
- Issue Date
- 서울대학교 의과대학
- Seoul J Med, Vol.15 No.2, pp. 59-63
- The metabolism of the leukemic cells taken from
peripheral blood of patients with acute and chronic
lymphocytic leukemia and granulocytic leukemia
was determined manometrically with the Warburg
Results can be summarized as follows.
1. Leukocytes taken from patients having acute
and chronic Iymphytic leukemia are characterized
by low aerobic glycolysis and low QAo'/QO, ratio.
Leukemic lymphocytes do not exhibit the so-called
2. Granulocytic cells have high glycolytic rate and
high QAo'/QO, ratio and show incomplete Pasteur
3. Both leukemic lymphocytes and granulocytes
have the capacity for high glycolytic rates under
4. It seems that the metabolism of normal human
leukocyte is qualitatively similar to that of leukemic
5. It appears that both mature cells and blast
forms have same metabolic characteristics.
6. It is considered that to make conclusions
regarding the neoplastic nature of leukemia on the
basis of their tumor-metabolism is improper.