S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Architecture and Architectural Engineering (건축학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_건축학과)
Unified Shear Strength Model for Reinforced Concrete Beams - Part II: Verification and Simplified Method
- Park, Hong-Gun; Choi, Kyoung-Kyu
- Issue Date
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- ACI Structural Journal, V. 104, No. 2, Mar-Apr. 2007, pp.294-303
- In a companion paper, shear strength models for reinforced concrete
(RC) slender beams and deep beams were developed, addressing
the transition of shear failure mechanism according to the shear
span-to-depth ratio (a/d). In the present study, by integrating these
two shear strength models, a unified shear strength model was
developed that was applicable to both slender beams and deep
beams with and without shear reinforcement. The proposed model
was verified by comparisons with existing experimental results.
The comparisons showed that, for a wide range of values of design
parameters, the proposed model predicts the shear strength of concrete
beams better than current design methods. For convenience in
design practice, a simplified design equation was developed.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.