S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Architecture and Architectural Engineering (건축학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_건축학과)
Improved Strength Model for Interior Flat Plate-Column Connections Subject to Unbalanced Moment
- Park, Hong-Gun; Choi, Kyoung-Kyu
- Issue Date
- J. Struct. Engrg. 132(5), 694-704
- Concrete slabs; Punching; Shear failure; Shear strength; Seismic design; Columns; Connections; Finite element method
- A numerical study of interior flat plate–column connections subjected to unbalanced moments was performed by using
nonlinear finite element analysis. The distribution and strength of the eccentric shear and flexural moment that develop at the connections
were studied. The results showed that the distribution of the eccentric shear stress was different from those specified in current design
codes, and the eccentric shear strength was significantly affected by the flexural moment acting at the same critical section. Based on the
findings, an improved design method for the interior flat plate–column connections was developed and was verified by the comparisons
with existing test results. These comparisons showed that the proposed design method predicted the punching shear strength of the
connections subject to unbalanced moments better than the current design methods.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.