S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering (전기·정보공학부) Others_전기·정보공학부
Mitigation of Effect of Impulsive Noise for OFDM Systems over Power Line Channels
- Kim, Seong-Cheol; Kim, Kwan-Ho; Oh, Hui-Myoung; Kim, Kyong-Hoe; Kim, Yong-Hwa
- Issue Date
- IEEE International Symposium on Power Line Communications and Its Applications(ISPLC) '2008, pp. 386-390, Jeju, Korea. 2008
- Power line communication (PLC); orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM); impulsive noise; channel estimation
- Impulsive noise introduces significant time variance
into the power line channel and causes performance degradation
of orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) systems.
In this paper, we provide a performance analysis for
OFDM-based power line communications in the presence of
impulsive noise. Performance degradation of coherent M-ary PSK
and differential MPSK can be mitigated by a signal level limiter.
Simulation results present that the optimum signal level can
significantly improve the performance of OFDM systems over
power line channels with impulsive noise.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.