S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Industrial Engineering (산업공학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_산업공학과)
The customisation framework for roadmapping product-service integration
- Geum, Youngjung; Lee, Sungjoo; Kang, Daekook; Park, Yongtae
- Issue Date
- SPRINGER HEIDELBERG
- SERVICE BUSINESS; Vol.5 3; 213-236
- Technology; Technology roadmap; Product-service system; Product-service integration; Case study
- Product-service integration is becoming a dominant contemporary trend, motivated by how technology can shape areas of potential product/service interactivity and triggers interactions. Since the role of technology differs from case to case, the strategic planning of product-service integration should focus on accommodating the real-life business situation. In response, this paper suggests a customisation framework for product-service roadmapping according to the technological interface involved, and provides practical guidance in its implementation. This framework consists of five steps in three main stages. The first deals with the structural determination of roadmapping, planning ''''''''what to plan'''''''', determining the role of technology and the roadmapping format. The second phase plans the functional determination, dealing the issue of ''''''''how to plan'''''''', including deciding on the relevant roadmapping procedures and methodology. Finally, the roadmap for product-service integration is developed. To illustrate the workings of proposed approach, six case examples are provided for different modes of integration, providing a practical illustration for product-service integration.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.