S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Industrial Engineering (산업공학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_산업공학과)
Affective Evaluation of User Impressions Using Virtual Product Prototyping
- Kim, Chulwoo; Lee, Cheol; Lehto, Mark R.; Yun, Myung Hwan
- HUMAN FACTORS AND ERGONOMICS IN MANUFACTURING & SERVICE INDUSTRIES; Vol.21 1; 1-13
- Virtual prototyping; User impressions; Affective evaluation; Virtual reality; Automobile interior
- This study aims to develop an effective and efficient method of analyzing user impressions of a product using virtual prototyping. A method to analyze the relationship between user impressions and design elements of a product using virtual prototyping was proposed, and then the method was applied to the case study of automobile interior design. Thirty-two participants in the experiment evaluated 32 different virtual prototypes of automobile interiors generated from the combination of 17 design elements. The results of the case study showed that user impressions can be well explained by design elements. Physically large design elements, such as the shapes of frontal area, center fascia, door trim, and steering wheel, were critical areas of automobile interior design. The proposed method is expected to be an effective and efficient alternative for industrial practitioners to analyze user impressions of design alternatives at the early stage of the design process. C (C) 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.