S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Industrial Engineering (산업공학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_산업공학과)
An empirical analysis on consumer adoption of mobile phone and mobile content in Korea
- Park, Yuri; Kim, Hyunnam; Lee, Jongsu
- Issue Date
- INDERSCIENCE ENTERPRISES LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS; Vol.8 6; 667-688
- mobile communication; discrete-choice model; empirical analysis; mobile content; consumer adoption; mobile phone; consumer preference
- This paper aims to empirically analyse consumer preference for mobile phone and mobile content. It is concerned with three issues: how users value the attributes of mobile phones the effects of demographic characteristics on the adoption of mobile content the relation between the adoption of mobile phone and mobile content. Discrete-choice model is used for analysing consumer choice data collected from the survey. The results show that touch-screen and full web browsers are preferred and the consumption pattern of mobile content is different according to individual characteristics. There arc significant correlations between the adoption of mobile phone and mobile content. Mobile phone that supports full browsing has positive correlations with mobile contents. The findings suggest that mobile phone with particular feature is needed to promote use of mobile content.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.