S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Industrial Engineering (산업공학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_산업공학과)
An integrative framework for supplier relationship management
- Park, Jongkyung; Shin, Kitae; Park, Jinwoo; Chang, Tai-Woo
- Issue Date
- EMERALD GROUP PUBLISHING LIMITED
- INDUSTRIAL MANAGEMENT & DATA SYSTEMS; Vol.110 3-4; 495-515
- Purpose - There have been many studies on topics related to supplier relationship management (SRM), namely purchasing strategy, supplier selection and development, and collaboration with suppliers. However, these studies have not suggested a solution based on an integrative concept, as they focus only on domain-specific problems. To overcome this limitation, the purpose of this present paper is to suggest a framework for an integrative SRM system by analyzing comprehensive approaches to overall SRM functions. Design/methodology/approach - The paper reviewed and analyzed studies related to SRM from an integrative viewpoint, proposed a framework for an integrative SRM system, and performed a case study based on the analytical hierarchy process with a field survey. Findings - The paper expects that the proposed framework can play a major role in enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of SRM by adopting an integrative concept because the functions of SRM are highly interrelated. Furthermore, it verifies the applicability of the framework via a case study. Research limitations/implications - Not many approaches are available for organizing evaluators or evaluation sheets, which are used for selecting criteria, providing weight, and evaluating supplier performance, that can secure objectivity of the evaluation; thus, when applying this framework to the industry, special consideration is needed. Practical implications - The proposed framework allows the purchasing members to scrutinize key features of SRM before and during the SRM system operation. Originality/value - The paper provides useful knowledge about the role of SRM systems by holistically approaching SRM-related processes while suggesting criteria and recommendations to a purchasing manager.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.