S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Industrial Engineering (산업공학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_산업공학과)
A marketplace and its market mechanism for trading commoditized computing resources
- Altmann, Joern; Courcoubetis, Costas; Risch, Marcel
- SPRINGER FRANCE
- ANNALS OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS-ANNALES DES TELECOMMUNICATIONS; Vol.65 11-12; 653-667
- Grid economics; Market scenario emulation; Simulation; Grid computing; Utility computing; Cloud computing; Market mechanism design; Computing resource market
- This paper presents the design and implementation of the GridEcon Marketplace. In addition to supporting a market mechanism for trading computing resources on a pay-per-use basis, this marketplace also provides an environment for integrating value-added support services. These value-added services help consumers to use the utility computing market more efficiently. The GridEcon Market Mechanism for virtual machines specifies in detail the unit-of-trade, the bids and asks, as well as the matching algorithm. The marketplace and market mechanism are validated by using the GridEcon Platform, which is a service-oriented platform for composing market scenarios. Our validation results show that the GridEcon Marketplace fulfills all functional requirements and that the GridEcon Market Mechanism is computationally and economically efficient.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.