S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Architecture and Architectural Engineering (건축학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_건축학과)
Wetland restoration to enhance biodiversity in urban areas: a comparative analysis
- Kim, Kwi-Gon; Lee, Hoon; Lee, Dong-Hyun
- Issue Date
- SPRINGER TOKYO
- LANDSCAPE AND ECOLOGICAL ENGINEERING; Vol.7 1; 27-32
- Urban wetland restoration
- Wetlands mitigation for any activity can be applied to avoid or minimize damage and restore, enhance, or create wetlands as well. New tools for mitigating and creating wetlands are available, including the Wetland Impact Assessment. This article explores many current issues in wetland mitigation and mitigation strategies, using case studies for illustration. We include some general guidelines for successful wetland mitigation based primarily on existing literature review in several cities. We use comparison and analyses on biodiversity improvement and various wetland functions, including flood-risk management, linking people to nature through urban regeneration, and connecting with the natural environment. Also, restoration, enhancement, mitigation, and creation analyses are included.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.