S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Architecture and Architectural Engineering (건축학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_건축학과)
A new method for measuring nonharmonic periodic excitation forces in nonlinear damped systems
- Jang, T. S.; Baek, Hyoungsu; Choi, Hang S.; Lee, Sun-Gu
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS LTD- ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- MECHANICAL SYSTEMS AND SIGNAL PROCESSING; Vol.25 6; 2219-2228
- The purpose of this study is to identify an external loading of long time duration, which is nonharmonic but periodic, acting on a nonlinear dynamic system with nonlinear restoring as well as nonlinear damping. A new procedure is proposed for the force identification through an inverse formalism. However, this involves a Volterra-type nonlinear integral equation of the first kind, which lacks solution stability. Therefore, the nonlinear dynamic system under investigation is transformed into a linear relation between forces and pseudo-displacements. The lack of solution stability is resolved by applying available regularization methods. The feasibility of the force identification is demonstrated through a numerical example. (C) 2011 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.