S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Architecture and Architectural Engineering (건축학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_건축학과)
Power flow boundary element analysis for multi-domain problems in vibrational built-up structures
- Kwon, Hyun-Wung; Hong, Suk-Yoon; Lee, Ho-Won; Song, Jee-Hun
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS LTD- ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- JOURNAL OF SOUND AND VIBRATION; Vol.330 26; 6482-6494
- A power flow boundary element methodology for the treatment of multi-domain problems is developed to predict the vibrational responses of coupled structures in medium-to-high frequency ranges. In the proposed methodology, a matrix equation is formulated by utilizing the power flow coupling relationships at the interface of the domains. This analysis method is successfully applied to the treatment of simply supported coupled beams and coupled plates. The vibration analysis of these structures is then considered for all wave components. The vibrational energy density and intensity of two coupled structures obtained through numerical simulations are compared with those of the original power flow analysis, and these results show good agreement. (C) 2011 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.