S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Industrial Engineering (산업공학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_산업공학과)
An empirical study on effectiveness of temporal information as implicit ratings
- Lee, Tong Queue; Park, Young; Park, Yong-Tae
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- EXPERT SYSTEMS WITH APPLICATIONS; Vol.36 2; 1315-1321
- E-commerce; Experiments; Recommendation accuracy; Implicit ratings; Recommender system; Temporal information; Collaborative filtering
- Collaborative filtering is a widely used and proven method of building recommender systems, which provide personalize(] recommendations oil products or services based oil explicit ratings from users. Recommendation accuracy becomes an especially important factor in sonic e-commerce environments (such as a mobile environment, due to limited connection time and device size). AS user preferences change over time. temporal information call improve recommendation accuracy. This paper presents a variety of temporal information including item launch time, user buying time. the time difference between the two, as well as several combinations of these three. We conducted an empirical study on how temporal information affects the accuracy of a collaborative filtering system for recommending character images (wallpapers) in I mobile c-commerce environment. Empirical results show the degree of effectiveness of a variety of temporal information. The empirical results give insight oil how to incorporate temporal information to maximize the effectiveness of collaborative filtering in various c-commerce environments. (c) 2007 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.