S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Industrial Engineering (산업공학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_산업공학과)
A pragmatic algorithm for the train-set routing: The case of Korea high-speed railway
- Hong, Sung-Pil; Kim, Kyung Min; Lee, Kyungsik; Park, Bum Hwan
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- OMEGA-INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCE; Vol.37 3; 637-645
- This paper presents a two-phased train-set routing algorithm to cover a weekly train timetable with minimal working days of a minimal number of train-sets. First, relax maintenance requirements and obtain minimum cost routes by solving the polynomial relaxation. Then, maintenance-feasible routes are generated from the crossovers of the minimum cost routes. This pragmatic approach seems particularly effective for the high-speed railway systems, where the railway topology is relatively simple with few end stations while the trains are frequent. Applied to the current weekly timetable of the Korea high-speed railway, we could find an optimal feasible routing, which is an 8.8% improvement over the current routing generated by a set partitioning approach based on a path generation scheme. (c) 2008 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.