S-Space College of Engineering/Engineering Practice School (공과대학/대학원) Dept. of Industrial Engineering (산업공학과) Journal Papers (저널논문_산업공학과)
Quality of service estimation for soft handoff region ratio and call admission control in CDMA cellular systems
- Jung, Sung-Hwan; Hong, Jung-Wan; Chang, Woojin; Lie, Chang-Hoon
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- COMPUTERS & INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING; Vol.56 4; 1429-1441
- Code division multiple access (CDMA) systems; Continuous-time Markov chain; Quality of service (QoS); Soft handoff region ratio (SHRR)
- in the operational stage of code division multiple access (CDMA) systems, the soft handoff region ratio (SHRR) is among the important parameters that guarantee the quality of service (QoS) and resource allocation. This paper analytically investigates the effects of the SHRR on QoS. In doing so, we simultaneously take into account the capacity increasing factor and traffic load variation. For this purpose, we propose a new traffic load estimation model using a semi-Markov chain in order to consider the call arrivals influenced by the SHRR under general resident time condition. We also present the calculation algorithm of the QoS measures such as the new call blocking probability (NBP) and forced termination probability (FTP) by applying the proposed model to the prioritized call admission control (CAC). The numerical result illustrates the effects of various soft handoff system parameters. Likewise, it shows that the value of SHRR has a significant impact of the QoS under the normal propagation conditions. Sensitivity analysis is also performed to show the effect of exponential cell resident time assumption. The proposed modeling is expected to provide a practical guide to improve the QoS of CDMA soft handoff systems. (C) 2008 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.