S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Laboratory Medicine (검사의학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_검사의학전공)
Patient HSP70-hom TG haplotype is associated with decreased transplant-related mortality and improved survival after sibling HLA-matched hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- Park, Myoung Hee; Park, Seonyang; Kim, Byoung Kook; Kim, Inho; Kim, Jin Hee; Yoon, Sung-Soo; Park, Sung Sup; Rhee, Ji Young; Cho, Hyeon Jin; Hong, Yun-Chul; Lee, Jong-Eun; Cho, Eun-Young; Kim, Jin Won
- Issue Date
- WILEY-BLACKWELL PUBLISHING, INC
- CLINICAL TRANSPLANTATION; Vol.24 4; 459-466
- haplotype; polymorphism; hematopoietic stem cell transplantation; heat shock protein 70-hom
- Heat shock protein 70-hom (HSP70-hom) plays an important role in protein folding and immune responses. Therefore, HSP70-hom gene polymorphisms may act as important factors in predicting the prognosis of patients receiving allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT). To evaluate the role of HSP70-hom gene polymorphisms in the prognosis of patients receiving sibling human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-matched allogeneic HSCT, the HSP70-hom polymorphisms, T2437C and G2763A, were genotyped in 147 patients receiving sibling HLA-matched allogeneic HSCT. Individual diplotypes were estimated from genotype data of the two HSP70-hom polymorphisms using the expectation maximization algorithm. Patients with the 2763GG or GA genotype showed longer overall survival compared with those with the 2763AA genotype, and patients with a TG haplotype (TG/TA, TG/TG or TG/CG) also showed longer overall survival compared with those with a non-TG haplotype (TA/TA or TA/CG) (both G2763A genotype and diplotype, p < 0.01). Moreover, the 2437TT genotype was found to be protective for treatment-related death compared with the 2437TC genotype, and a TG haplotype was found to be very protective for treatment-related death compared with a non-TG haplotype (T2437C genotype, p = 0.04; and diplotype, p = 0.02). Therefore, our results suggest that HSP70-hom polymorphisms play an important role in the prognosis of patients receiving sibling HLA-matched allogeneic HSCT.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.