S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Pathology (병리학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_병리학전공)
Sectioned Images of the Cadaver Head Including the Brain and Correspondences With Ultrahigh Field 7.0 T MRIs
- Park, Jin Seo; Chung, Min Suk; Shin, Dong Sun; Har, Dong-Hwan; Kim, Young-Bo; Chi, Je-Geun; Han, Jae-Yong; Cho, Zang-Hee
- Issue Date
- PROCEEDINGS OF THE IEEE; Vol.97 12; 1988-1996
- Cadaver brain; sectioned images; segmented images; 7.0-T MRIs; 0.1-mm-sized voxel; three-dimensional images
- Unlike computed tomographic images and magnetic resonance images (MRIs), sectioned images of the human body with real color and high resolution have certain advantages in learning and teaching anatomy. Comparisons between sectioned images of the brain and MRIs are useful in many ways. Therefore, we prepared 312 MRIs at ultrahigh field 7.0 T (axial direction 0.4 x 0.4 x 0.4 mm(3) voxel size) of a cadaver brain, 2343 sectioned images (axial direction, 0.1 mm intervals, 0.1 x 0.1 mm(2) pixel size, and 48 bits color) by serial-sectioning the cadaver head, 234 segmented images in which brain regions were separately delineated (1 mm intervals and 0.1 x 0.1 mm(2) pixel size) by outlining 64 head structures in sectioned images. Three-dimensional images of 64 head structures were made by volume reconstruction from sectioned images. In this research, advanced techniques and equipment enabled us to prepare quality 7.0-T MRIs, sectioned images, and segmented images of the head. These images are expected to contribute to our understanding of the topographic neuroanatomy of the head and to aid interpretations of MRIs and CTs of the human brain.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.