S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Radiology (영상의학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_영상의학전공)
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: Assessment with MR Imaging and Multidetector CT
- Chun, Eun Ju; Choi, Sang Il; Jin, Kwang Nam; Kwag, Hyon Joo; Choi, Byoung Wook; Park, Jae Hyung; Lee, Whal; Kim, Young Jin
- Issue Date
- RADIOLOGICAL SOC NORTH AMERICA
- RADIOGRAPHICS; Vol.30(5); 1309-1328
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) is a genetic cardiac disease. Its early detection is important because it is the most common cause of sudden cardiac death among young people. However, HCM is often a dilemma for clinicians because it manifests with diverse phenotypic expressions and clinical courses. With the advances in imaging technology, magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and multidetector computed tomography (CT) serve as suitable modalities for detecting and characterizing HCM and obtaining information for appropriate management of cases of HCM, although echocardiography is currently the most widely used modality. This article is an overview of the definition of HCM, its various phenotypes, risk stratification of HCM, and the potential application of cardiac MR imaging and multidetector CT for the assessment of HCM.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.