S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dermatology (피부과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_피부과학전공)
Pilot study on photodynamic therapy for acne using indocyanine green and diode laser
- Kim, Beom Joon; Lee, Ho Gyun; Woo, Seung Man; Youn, Jai Il; Suh, Dae Hun
- Issue Date
- WILEY-BLACKWELL PUBLISHING, INC
- JOURNAL OF DERMATOLOGY; Vol.36(1); 17-21
- To demonstrate the efficacy of photodynamic therapy using indocyanine green (ICG) dye with a diode laser for acne treatment of Asian subjects, an analysis was performed of 16 randomly chosen Korean patients with acne vulgaris treated by photodynamic therapy for a mean follow up of 2 months. Volunteers were divided into two groups, a single- and multiple-treatment group, in which photodynamic therapy was repeated three times with 1-week intervals. Photodynamic therapy using ICG dye with a diode laser was effective for acne treatment of Korean subjects. However, multiple treatments were not superior to single treatments in controlling acne lesions. Photodynamic therapy combined with ICG dye and diode laser might be an alternative treatment modality for acne in Asian subjects.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.