S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Dermatology (피부과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_피부과학전공)
A Case of Erythroplasia of Queyrat Treated with Imiquimod 5% Cream and Excision
- Choi, Jee Woong; Choi, Mira; Cho, Kwang Hyun
- Issue Date
- KOREAN DERMATOLOGICAL ASSOC
- ANNALS OF DERMATOLOGY; Vol.21 4; 419-422
- Imiquimod is a new immunomodulating agent with antitumor and antiviral properties that has been shown to be clinically effective in various kinds of skin diseases, including precancerous dermatoses. Erythroplasia of Queyrat is a carcinoma in situ that mainly occurs on the glans penis. There are several non-invasive treatment options for erythroplasia of Queyrat such as photodynamic therapy, cryosurgery and applying various kinds of topical agents. We now report a case of typical erythroplasia of Queyrat on glans penis associated with human papillomavirus type 16 infection that was treated by imiquimod 5% cream and the subsequent excision of an imiquimod-resistant penile lesion. (Ann Dermatol 21(4) 419 similar to 422, 2009)
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.