S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Radiology (영상의학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_영상의학전공)
Radiologic Diagnosis of Osteoid Osteoma: From Simple to Challenging Findings
- Chai, Jee Won; Hong, Sung Hwan; Choi, Ja-Young; Koh, Young Hwan; Choi, Jung-Ah; Kang, Heung Sik; Lee, Joon Woo
- Issue Date
- RADIOLOGICAL SOC NORTH AMERICA
- RADIOGRAPHICS; Vol.30 3; 737-749
- Osteoid osteoma is characterized by an intracortical nidus with a variable amount of calcification, as well as cortical thickening, sclerosis, and bone marrow edema. When these findings are present, a diagnosis of osteoid osteoma is easily made. However, osteoid osteoma may display imaging findings that can be misleading, and it can be difficult to differentiate osteoid osteoma from other conditions such as infection, inflammatory and noninflammatory arthritis, and other tumors. In addition, stress fracture, intracortical abscess, intracortical hemangioma, chondroblastoma, osteoblastoma, and compensatory hypertrophy of the pedicle may mimic osteoid osteoma. To make the correct diagnosis, it is necessary to identify the nidus, and it is important to be familiar with the radiologic findings of osteoid osteoma and its mimics. (C) RSNA, 2010 .radiographics.rsna.org
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.