S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Psychiatry (정신과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_정신과학전공)
Development of the Subjective Memory Complaints Questionnaire
- Youn, Jong Chul; Kim, Ki Woong; Lee, Dong Young; Jhoo, Jin Hyeong; Park, Joon Hyuk; Choe, Jin Yeong; Choo, Il Han; Woo, Jong Inn; Jeong, Ji Woon; Choi, Eun Ae; Lee, Seok Bum
- Issue Date
- DEMENTIA AND GERIATRIC COGNITIVE DISORDERS; Vol.27, No.4; 310-317
- Subjective memory complaints; Subjective memory complaints questionnaire; Dementia; Validity; Reliability
- Aim: We aimed to evaluate the psychometric properties of the Subjective Memory Complaints Questionnaire (SMCQ). Methods: The reliability of the SMCQ was evaluated by testing its internal consistency and test-retest reliability. Pearson correlation analyses were performed to assess the concurrent validity. Confirmatory factor analysis was used to evaluate the construct validity. Diagnostic ability for dementia was tested with receiver operator characteristic curve analyses. Results: Cronbach`s alpha coefficient and intraclass correlation coefficients of the SMCQ were 0.864 and 0.828 (p < 0.001), respectively. The SMCQ scores were significantly correlated with the scores on Camdex Memory Complaint Questionnaire, Seoul Informant Report Questionnaire for Dementia and cognitive tests from the CERAD (Consortium to Establish a Registry for Alzheimer`s Disease) neuropsychological test battery (p < 0.01). The results of confirmatory factor analyses confirmed that the SMCQ consisted of subjective memory complaints (SMC) for general memory and for everyday memory. The SMCQ score discriminated well between nondemented elderly without dementia and those with dementia (p < 0.01). The area under the curve value of the SMCQ was 0.84, indicating that it had high diagnostic ability. Conclusion: The SMCQ was found to be a brief, reliable and valid questionnaire for evaluating SMC. It might be useful for evaluating the cognition of elderly subjects when reliable informants are not available.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.