S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Psychiatry (정신과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_정신과학전공)
Sex differences in the temporal lobe white matter and the corpus callosum: a diffusion tensor tractography study
Cited 17 time in Web of Science Cited 18 time in Scopus
- Issue Date
- LIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS & WILKINS
- NEUROREPORT; Vol.21 1; 73-77
- asymmetry ; tractography ; corpus callosum ; diffusion tensor imaging ; sex differences
- We assessed sex differences in fractional anisotropy (FA) and mean diffusion (MD) of temporal lobe white matter (TLWM(FA), TLWM(MD)), TLWM asymmetry, and the relationship between TLWM asymmetry and FA and MD of the corpus callosum (CC(FA), CC(MD)) using diffusion tensor tractography. We found sex differences in the M D of both inferior longitudinal fasciculus (ILF); however, it disappeared after statistical adjustments for intracranial volume and CC(MD) variability. FA of the superior longitudinal fasciculus (SLF(FA)) and FA and MD of the ILF (ILF(FA), ILF(MD)) showed leftward asymmetry. In females, the asymmetry indices of SLF(FA) and the MD of the SLF were significantly correlated with CC(FA) and CC(MD), respectively, which may be related to sex differences in the hemispheric specialization for language. NeuroReport 21:73-77 (C) 2010 Wolters Kluwer Health vertical bar Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.
- Appears in Collections:
- College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원)Psychiatry (정신과학전공)Journal Papers (저널논문_정신과학전공)
Items in S-Space are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.