S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Psychiatry (정신과학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_정신과학전공)
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Disorders of Extreme Stress (DESNOS) Symptoms Following Prostitution and Childhood Abuse
- Choi, Hyunjung; Klein, Carolin; Shin, Min-Sup; Lee, Hoon-Jin
- Issue Date
- SAGE PUBLICATIONS INC
- VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN; Vol.15 8; 933-951
- disorders of extreme stress not otherwise specified; prostitution; posttraumatic stress disorder
- With the participation of 46 prostituted women in Korea, this study investigates the relationship between prostitution experiences, a history of childhood sexual abuse (CSA), and symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and disorders of extreme stress not otherwise specified (DESNOS). Prostituted women showed higher levels of PTSD and DESNOS symptoms compared to a control group. Women who had experienced both CSA by a significant other and prostitution showed the highest levels of traumatic stress. However, posttraumatic reexperiencing and avoidance and identity, relational, and affect regulation problems were significant for prostitution experiences even when the effects of CSA were controlled.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.