S-Space College of Medicine/School of Medicine (의과대학/대학원) Anatomy (해부학전공) Journal Papers (저널논문_해부학전공)
Eung Tae`s tomb: a Joseon ancestor and the letters of those that loved him
- Lee, Eun-Joo; Shin, Dong Hoon; Yang, Hoo Yul; Spigelman, Mark; Yim, Se Gweon
- Issue Date
- ANTIQUITY; Vol.83, No.319; 145-156
- Korea; Andong city; Joseon Dynasty; burial practice; Buddhism; Confucianism; medieval period; LSMB tombs; palaeography; mummy; clothing; letters; written document
- In medieval Korea certain burials were sealed in concrete resulting in the exceptional preservation of organic materials, including, in this case, written documents. As well as studying changes in rank and ideology archaeologists who investigate tombs are often moved to wonder about the character of the deceased, the thoughts of the mourners and their hopes and fears on the passing of a person dear to them. In this extraordinary burial from Korea, we hear these voices directly.
- Files in This Item: There are no files associated with this item.